Wednesday, January 30, 2008

If you want to see a grown man cry...

All you have to do is kill one of his brothers. A few days ago AQI (al-Qaeda in Iraq) made a lot of the strongest men I have ever known come to tears. I feel for the family's of my 5 fallen brothers. They themselves are in a better place, the greatest pain falls on the families of these heroes. I ask that whoever reads this pray for their comfort in their time of need. All the comfort I need is in the trigger of my weapon and the unlucky terrorist whom is in the sights of my weapon. It is going to suck being a member of AQI in Mosul for the next year. They have brought the pain upon themselves. This is why soldiers of the United States Army fight, for their brothers who fight next to them, for their families and others who are not able to fight themselves, and for God's great nation of freedom called America.

I am so very thankful to you all for your prayers and support.

CNN's story on what happened:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/28/iraq.main/index.html?iref=newssearch

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I read the News the day this happened. I noticed that they were from the same Division and whatnot as you, and I felt bad because you might have known them and were friends with them. I have been praying for all of you down there, and for the families. You all are always on my mind and I am always thinking about you guys down there. I know God is doing his best to make sure things work out, and I am praying that things do work out.

God bless to you Mark. You are always on my mind.

Kate said...

When mom told us that she missed your call and you said it was important, I got really worried. Don't lose courage, Mark. Hank told us about how you pulled together your group and got them all safe. I love you so much, my brother. Stay safe, please stay safe, and come home safe.

Lindsay said...

I am writing again to say that I have been praying a lot for you all in Iraq. I'm so worried about the situation there but I know things are in Gods hands. Whenever you have the chance, please let me know how it's going for both you and your buddies, let me know that you all are safe and ok.

Glen said...

Hey Mark, happy to hear you are still ok over there. Me and Jess pray for you alot and will keep doing so. Remember if you ever need something let me know you got my gov. email (best way to get me)

Keep doing what your doing we all thank you...

TJ said...

I hope that you are o.k. I can't imagine having to deal with what you go through everyday. We love you very much and we all pray for you daily. Keep safe and come home to us. Let us know if you need anything.