Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally Here! -Mosul-

Well, this FOB is a lot bigger than expected. We heard there was suppose to be like 1 other battalion with us, but it is a whole regiment (like 8 battalions or close to it). Also, I have never seen so many females on one FOB! I don't think females should be allowed to deploy or even be in the military for that matter but, if you want to debate that issue you can always e-mail me (toldude@gmail.com). This FOB is pretty big, they have a lot of roads and cars rolling around. Defiantly not like the last time I was in Iraq. Oh yah, the chow is fantastic too, that is defiantly not like last time either (Hank remembers the cold burnt pizza and coming in from mission and there only being green beans and Gatorade left).

In other news, the world mourns Bhutto's death. I do also. The fact is, she could have beaten Musharraf in the elections coming up and I think it was him that had her put to death. Anyway, now that she is gone I think that the US Military is going to be deployed to Pakistan in the near future, especially because I believe a Democrat is going to be elected as President this year.

2 comments:

Glen said...

"I have never seen so many females on one FOB! I don't think females should be allowed to deploy or even be in the military for that matter." I agree Mark...

gypsy soul said...

hmmm..i disagree about having no female in the military..or deployment..but i hope you said that out of concern and you were thinking of all the discomforts and inconveniences that the deployment could give the women..and not because you think that they can't do the stuffs you can.

i had a nice time reading your blog. i'd be back soon for more posts..so keep posting!