Monday, December 24, 2007

Liberty, the land of the Fobbits, Baghdad

Hopefully the updates won't come this slow. *dodges random objects being thrown at him i.e. dancing shoes from Livi, garter belt from Erin, snowball from Uncle Rick, placenta from Jaslyn, Arabic book from Hank* Thank you for all your updates though, it is so much easier getting updates from the sources than through grandpa.

I am here in Baghdad playing Musical Chus (Chu is the name we give to the rooms that the army gives for us to live in) for the past week and now they have stuck us all in a tent together. I guess that is kinda like when you take all but 1 chair away but everyone still sits in that one chair. The Army has told me that Baghdad is too safe for me so they are sending me to Mosul. They said I need to take my battalion with me though. We should be leaving here shortly, we are all grateful for the move though. What makes life suck here is the fact that we can't settle in and they keep moving us around. My day's are filled with sitting at my Bradley in the Motor Pool (the name we give where our vehicles are stored) waiting to put something new on it or move it somewhere. I just bought a camera so pictures should be in the next blog. And thanks family for losing (I think Dane has it) my old camera.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey Mark, glad to see you are doing well. Both the family and I have been praying for you and your safety. I know God is watching over you, he is making sure you are doing alright.

It looks like you have been moving a lot around there. I have been deciding if it's a good idea or not to go ahead and mail you, hopefully it will reach you before you move again lol. If not, I am sorry.

Let me know how things are going and all. If you get a new address, please let me know what it is when you're able to let me know. I will also try to write to you as well.

Good luck over there, and thanks for your service in the Army. I can't wait till you come back!!

God bless,
Lindsay

Kate said...

It was Dane!!! He has the camera and I hate him now. I was literally almost in tears because I couldn't find it.