Saturday, December 27, 2008

Worst Christmas EVER!

Rant time...

2nd Christmas in a row, first freaking unit to have one like this. I didn't bother me till it happened and now I am furious. A couple of days before Christmas we got a warning that there was going to be mortar/rocket attacks on the FOB during Christmas. Christmas morning we get hit hard, I would say about 15 rockets (It woke me up). They killed one and wounded 2. Everyone from then on has to walk around in full battle rattle. Throughout the day and on into the night we get more random mortar/rocket attacks but nothing like that one in the morning. What I am wondering is: 1. Why didn't they fire back. In Balad the enemy could only get off maximum 3 mortar rounds before we fired back. 2. Why did we put on full battle rattle AFTER the fact. What a REactive army. 3. If the information got passed down all the way to us, then it was some good intel and there was much that wasn't being told to us. That means, why the heck didn't we set up an ambush on them or at least patrol for it since we knew it was going to happen.

/rant off

3 comments:

megat said...

  I think your blog is really interesting ... especially this post :)

Heather said...

Mark, this is your cousin Heather, who you haven't seen in ages, but first off I just want to say thank you for being over in Iraq. Now that my husband is there, I have a lot more appreciation for you Army guys that have been over there FOREVER!! I am also sorry you had to spend your second Christmas over there and it was so horrible. Where are you in Iraq?? My husband is in Baghdad. Anyways, good luck and if you ever make it to Camp Victory, that is where my husband is--he's a Navy JAG there. Good luck!

Tolman Family said...

We love you, Uncle Mark.